Why invest in a Freedom Franchise
Timing is everything! Aged Care and community services are a rapidly growing business. With our population aged 65 plus projected to double in the next 25 years there has never been a better time to own a Freedom Companion Driving Franchise.
Freedom supports local communities by providing personalised transport and assistance to this growing market and anyone else who needs help getting from A to B. Customers range from senior citizens, those with injuries, ACC clients, children needing transport to and from school and sports and anyone else who needs temporary or ongoing transport. We also provide a personal driving service for tourists.
Freedom is becoming a popular transport choice whilst providing franchisees with the potential to build a great business whilst making a valuable contribution to the local community.
If you have always wanted to be your own boss, now is the time to take the step and own your own business. Freedom is at the forefront of this rapidly growing market and is a great choice when it comes to companion driving services.
The Freedom Difference
At Freedom Companion Driving Service we deliver what we say we will and we go the extra mile for our customers. We present ourselves professionally, have a great attitude and we deliver a top quality service. We train you and provide you with the systems needed to deliver the best possible service at the same time creating a great business and lifestyle for yourself.
What Skills and Personal Qualities do you need
Our Franchisees come from varied backgrounds and you do not require any special experience. However certain elements are important:
- A desire to build a successful business
- Enjoy driving
- Excellent interpersonal skills including good spoken and written English
- Good personal presentation
- Kind and caring attitude towards others
- Well organised – managing a diary and scheduling appointments
- Competent computer skills (email, internet and the usual Microsoft programs)
- A determination to succeed
- Honesty and trustworthiness
What Licenses and Certifications are needed
To run a Freedom Franchise you need:
- A passenger endorsement (P endorsement) on your driving license
- A Transport Service Licence (TSL)
- In certain areas you will also need to do a small number of unit standards to comply with our Total Mobility contracts.
What do you get
- A rewarding lifestyle business in a growth market. Franchisees love what they do.
- The right to use a fully trademarked National Brand in an exclusive franchise territory for up to 30 years
- Confidence that considerable investment in market research, systems, infrastructure and brand development has gone into establish a franchise system like Freedom in NZ.
- Support in establishing and maintaining a marketing and sales program for your franchise.
- A comprehensive Operational Manual with “step by step” guides.
- Complete branding provided including logo, vehicle sign writing, fliers, business cards, uniforms and more.
- A comprehensive web site to support Franchisees.
- The ability to grow your franchise by adding more vehicles to your business.
- Established relationships and clearances with some of NZ’s aged care and service providers.
- Comprehensive training covering all aspects of how to successfully operate your business
- An online customer management system to help franchisees manage their business.
- Managed National marketing on behalf of franchisees.
- Ongoing support from Freedom franchisors.
- Regular franchisee communications to promote additional training, business development to share knowledge and ideas between Franchisees to grow their businesses.
Your return on investment depends on your personal effort, time and energy. We support our to grow their business with the goal of increasing vehicles in their territory to provide the best client service possible.
What does it cost
Freedom Companion Driving Service offers a unique opportunity at a relatively low investment level with the potential for capital gain as our business expands throughout NZ.
Prices for new franchise territories range from $23,500 to $25,500 (plus equipment, uniform, marketing set up and your car).
A car may be leased or purchased from a list of approved models. Your franchise business will have relatively low overheads as it is run from your home office.
How to Apply
Freedom Companion Driving Service is a business with a lot of heart! We’re always on the lookout for great, caring people to become part of the Freedom team. To find out more about becoming a Freedom Franchisee our process is as follows:
Step 1: Read through the content on this website before filling out our Enquiry Form below to register your interest. Make sure you complete all the required fields.
Step 2: We will follow up by phone for a short conversation to answer initial questions and find out a little about you.
Step 3: Complete our Application Form and Confidentiality Deed
Step 4: Once we approve your application, we’ll send you our Disclosure Document and other important information about the business opportunity.
Step 5: Longer interview to talk at more length about the process of getting a Freedom Franchise off the ground. This will help you decide whether or not a Freedom Franchise will suit your needs. It will also help us to determine if you are the right person to operate one of our Franchises.
Step 6: Franchise Territory is reserved for 14 days by means of a deposit.
Step 7: Draft Franchise Agreement is provided for you and your advisors. When all parties agree final documents are provided for signature.
When you have your necessary licenses you will be ready to start your business. We’ll work closely with you during and after your initial training period. We will cover all aspects of how to market and operate your franchise and work with you to secure your customers. Your commitment and hard work plus our ongoing support will help build your franchise into success.
To find out more complete our Enquiry form now.
Franchise Enquiry Form